Monday, January 13, 2014
Familiar Friends...Ahhh...
One of the highlights of the trip was traveling down to San Diego and attending church at our old church and seeing dear friends. As we settle in and begin to make friendships I find myself a little more guarded than I am when I am with familiar friends. Did I talk too much? Did I show enough interest in them? Did I complain about how cold it is too much? Did they agree with my parenting choices...this list of questions goes on and on for me. It's rooted in my insecurities, and I get that, but I recognize that this is an insecure time of life...security in Christ is constant, but my friendships are insecure now...
But I digress...when we were with friends we talked candidly, comfortably and we laughed genuinely. It was great. And our kids played together just like old times. It was great!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment