Okay, if Jeff ever reads this blog he will kill me, but I just have to tell you all how I am surviving these days, beyond prayer and my afternoon coffee that is...
Last night Jeff agreed to take the 11:00 pm feed, which neither of us really want to do because it means staying up late and both of us get up early for our jobs. He stayed up extra late last night trying to make sure Kate had a good feeding and the bottle had the wrong nipple - it was a faster flow than she likes so she would not eat (yes, she really is that picky of an eater). So instead of a 20-30 minute feeding it took about two hours!! He then put Kate to sleep around 1:00 am and went to sleep himself. He endured her crying from 2:30-3:30 (at which point I fed her), quickly forgave me at 5:00 when his alarm went off and I told him (in not the most loving of tones) to make sure it doesn't happen again. He also brought me Kate at 6:00 for her morning feed, talked to me during her nursing time, let me go back to sleep while doing morning duty with the girls and then biked to work at 7:30. Where does he get the energy and strength??? From my calculations (and I'm really bad at math) he had about three hours of fragmented sleep..seriously, where does he get the energy and strength??
It is such a blessing to have his support and help. We are both tired, but Jeff makes extra sacrifices, personal sacrifices, to take care of our family. God knew what he was doing when he established our marriage - he knew that I would need Jeff to help me through tough times and to celebrate life's joys. Jeffrey means God's peace, or peacemaker, and he truly is just that in our marriage and our family.
1 comment:
Way to go Jechie! Hope my man is that awesome when we have kids!!
Post a Comment