Friday, February 27, 2009

Thank you Craig and Bob!

Yesterday I purchased a Bob stroller (sport utility duallie in blue for anyone interested) from Craigslists. It normally costs $429 but I got it for $125. Thank you Bob! Thank you Craig!

To celebrate, I went out for a run with the girls this morning. It was great - 30 minutes of time for me, Sarah, and when I arrived back at home Kate was sleeping and Hannah was asking for more - I think they enjoyed it as well.

So, do you ever wonder what people think about while running? I do. I pass by people running that are in the zone and wonder what is one their mind. When I run I usually process things that have been going on. Other times I challenge myself - run as fast as you can to that tree. Still other times I narrate my life - weird, I know - possibly even mild case of personality disorder - who knows. Well, today was a narrating day - this literally happened:

Background music Cake: Going the Distance

Setting: Three women from three different houses climbed into their cars heading out to work. They were dressed professionally with hair and make-up done. It was nearly 8:30.

Narration begins: Met Sarah. When most women are climbing into their cars heading for work Sarah has already been at work for at least two hours - that is if her bosses gave her the night off, which rarely happens. She is tough as nails - carrying two kids around without complaints, ready to say no to a two year old regardless of the setting and fully prepared to deal with the aftermath, getting up multiple times at night to hold her sick child and still reserving enough energy to keep up with the constantly changing demands that her bosses throw at her. She can go to a playdate with eight other moms and their toddlers and still come out feeling like she is going home with the cream of the crop. She doesn't care what others think about her because she knows that she doesn't know what the hell she is doing - and even more, she knows that anyone who claims to know what they are doing is just lying to themselves and everyone else. Met Sarah - full-time mom. Paid only with hugs, cries, kisses, demands, laughter and lack of sleep - and loving every minute of it.

Sheesh! Do I have a chip on my shoulder or what?!? I'm not sure I want meet Sarah! (again, mild case of personality disorder may be at hand) Maybe next time I'll try running to some classical music or something - I'll definitely avoid Dixie Chicks.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I. love. you.

favorite post ever.

Heather said...

This is a really funny post. You are a great "know nothing" mom. :) You love your girls and you're the most qualified for the job!

When I run, I'm usually counting to 3 or 4 on each inhale and exhale. If I can't count evenly, then I know I'm pushing it. Then I later think I could have been thinking .... I don't do that well. And I don't even run with music!

Jenna said...

It is great to see that you have a realistic and honest about your job, which for me one of the most rewarding.

It is interesting to see what you are thinking, normally when I go to the gym, I sing the songs in my head, and don't really think...it is my time to just veg--a new challenge has been given, so I must arise to it! Watch out, you have no idea as to what you have started with my thought process!

Unknown said...

you totally rock.

as a mom, you HAVE to constantly tell yourself how great you are. otherwise you'll beat yourself up all day.

so fun that you got a bob stroller!!