H went #1 before we left home and 15 minutes later she wet herself in the library - no biggie - I had a change of clothes and a pull-ups (thankfully there was no little puddle or anything). I took off the soiled clothes, bagged them up, let H go potty on the toilet, and then redressed her all while taking care of Kate. Whew- I was exhausted, and should have gone home but no - we had no books to take home so we went back to the toddler area to get some books. Within 10 minutes H went #2 - agh!! I had another pull-ups, but I had to go through the whole process again (minus the soiled clothes thanks to pull-ups), and in the process, I lost one of Hannah's terds. I looked everywhere but when Kate started crying and Hannah started yelling "Done, DONE, DONE!" I decided that yes, we were done even though the terd remained somewhere on the floor in the Mira Mesa Library. I'm sure there is some fee for this!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
The Library
Hannah and I have had a tough day with potty training. It was the first day I went anywhere with the girls since beginning the potty training process and it proved to be a mistake.
This morning's breakfast: "No, Nah-nah do." Which was quickly followed by, "Help, please!"
H went #1 before we left home and 15 minutes later she wet herself in the library - no biggie - I had a change of clothes and a pull-ups (thankfully there was no little puddle or anything). I took off the soiled clothes, bagged them up, let H go potty on the toilet, and then redressed her all while taking care of Kate. Whew- I was exhausted, and should have gone home but no - we had no books to take home so we went back to the toddler area to get some books. Within 10 minutes H went #2 - agh!! I had another pull-ups, but I had to go through the whole process again (minus the soiled clothes thanks to pull-ups), and in the process, I lost one of Hannah's terds. I looked everywhere but when Kate started crying and Hannah started yelling "Done, DONE, DONE!" I decided that yes, we were done even though the terd remained somewhere on the floor in the Mira Mesa Library. I'm sure there is some fee for this!
The culprit
The angel
My girls
H went #1 before we left home and 15 minutes later she wet herself in the library - no biggie - I had a change of clothes and a pull-ups (thankfully there was no little puddle or anything). I took off the soiled clothes, bagged them up, let H go potty on the toilet, and then redressed her all while taking care of Kate. Whew- I was exhausted, and should have gone home but no - we had no books to take home so we went back to the toddler area to get some books. Within 10 minutes H went #2 - agh!! I had another pull-ups, but I had to go through the whole process again (minus the soiled clothes thanks to pull-ups), and in the process, I lost one of Hannah's terds. I looked everywhere but when Kate started crying and Hannah started yelling "Done, DONE, DONE!" I decided that yes, we were done even though the terd remained somewhere on the floor in the Mira Mesa Library. I'm sure there is some fee for this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OH MY WORD, you poor thing. I don't know how you do it. I can't imagine the patience it takes to potty train little miss H. And looking for a lost terd in the library, AGH!! You're a trooper!!
That is so hilarious, Sarah!!! You'll be telling that story for years to come. Potty training is so crazy. Hang in there; it's amazing that this was her first difficult day. As someone said once to me (because I was really uptight about potty training): "She won't walk down the aisle in a diaper."
Post a Comment