Monday, December 17, 2012

"Me"

The San Diego Art Museum is hosting an art exhibit for school age kids. The purpose of the project is for students to tell the story of themselves, or in the words of the blurb that I read Hannah when we were doing this, the story of me. I asked her if she would like to do something and she was so excited. She loves art, and loves creating. We brainstormed so ideas that she could do, a painting, a collage, a collection (she collects lots of objects and I thought she could organize her collections and write about why she likes the items she collects), but in the end, Grandma Sue suggested paper mache (similar to the pinata that we made for Kate's birthday) and she was sold. So, here is her completed paper mache head that she painted, added yarn hair, and a headband. Hannah calls it, "Me"
Jeff said, "It's not a scary as I thought it might be" and I thought, "Wow, that's a little weirder than I thought it would be." Funny how art speaks to people differently. We will submit it next week, and it may go on display at the museum or local library if it is selected from her age group.

No comments: