Monday, December 17, 2012

Funny Stories

Rachel Lee is becoming quite a talker. She has taken to saying things like, "Dog!" pause "I see!" or "Bike!" pause "I see!" Jeff purposefully drives down streets where many house have decorated for Christmas to hear her exclaim, "Oooo...lights...I see." Last night as we were driving home from a party she was really tired and we drove by a house with lots of lights. Jeff pointed it out, but Rachel Lee didn't see it in time and she said, "Oh no...missed it...lights...missed it." It was one of those houses that is just hard to miss because of all the lights, but I guess that goes to show how tired she really was!
And Kate is always saying the most random things that crack us up! Usually when Jeff bikes away the girls and I stand outside and wave at him until he turns to corner. They yell "Bye!" which hopefully doesn't bother the neighbors too much. Lately Kate has also added, "Don't hit Santa!" "Say hi to Rudolph!" or one of my favorites, "Take your toots with you!"
And speaking of toots, my girls love claiming their toots. It makes them laugh when they are loud or rumbley. Whenever anyone toots Rachel Lee raising her hand and says, "Me! I did! Rachel did!" claiming the toot. This usually makes us laugh, but lately the older girls are possessive of their bodily noises, so they will begin to argue with Rachel Lee, "No Rachel, I tooted!" It can upset Rachel Lee so much that she begins to throw a tantrum the whole time saying, "No...Rachel did...I did!" Yep, this story is coming out when she starts dating.
And one of my favorites happened the other day as we were driving home from seeing an area of San Diego that has a lot of houses with lights, Christmas Card Lane. The girls love hearing stories, and feel the need to be constantly entertained, so even on the shortest drives they ask for a story. I was feeling tired, so instead I told a story about "a girl" tripping three times, which had actually happened to Hannah that evening. She then said, "I will tell you a story. Once there was a mom who told her daughter a story and even though her daughter asked her to stop she went on and on and on about the story!" It made me laugh so much...I did go on and on and on. I guess I am just as antagonizing as my girls are to each other.

No comments: