Monday, August 26, 2013
Last Playgroup with the Ladies
When I was new to San Diego we lived in a 2 bed/1 bath apartment in Summerset Gables. My first day alone with the kiddos I called my sister, Jenna, who lives in Aliso Viejo, and asked if we could meet half way between our houses for a coffee. I loaded Hannah, 22 months, and Kate, 6 months, into the car and headed out on a 1 hour drive (unfortunately with Camp Pendleton in the middle of our houses I drove a little extra than "half") to meet my sister for coffee. I just wanted someone to talk to...someone I was connected to. On the drive home from this coffee time, both girls slept (fortunately for me!) and I cried. I cried out to God for a friend. My heart was lonely and I am not the type of person that does well alone. The next day we the girls and I were playing inside the apartment when I spotted someone with 2 girls playing at the park directly in front of our apartment. I quickly gathered my crew and headed out to meet her. Her name was Ginette and I immediately asked if she had a playgroup that I could join, and praise the Lord, she was not nervous about my desperate state but welcomed me. She said that there was a group of ladies from her church (a church!) who got together once a week and I was welcome to come. This group of ladies has been such a support to me as a mom, as a wife, as a Christian, and as a woman. This lovely group of women and their kiddos came to celebrate a final playgroup time at my house and gave me a priceless gift: a photo book of our kids growing up together. A testament to God's answer to my cry that very first day I was in San Diego driving back from a coffee with my sister. He did not leave me alone then, and it gives me hope to know that He will 
build a community of support again here in San Fransisco.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment