Well, today is the third day of school for Hannah and Kate. I am glad that the first day went so well for the girls, and both girls yesterday said that they played with other girls from their class, so I am hoping that this is a sign that they are beginning to know routines and make some friends.
Because we are still in our temporary house we have to drive about 30 minutes in the morning. I have to wake the girls, get them fed, clothes and out the door with lunches and homework by 7:15. Phew...it is the third and I'm not sure I could do this every. single. day. I am thankful that September 17 is our close date, and that we will leave close enough to walk to the school! Here is the house...the girls posed for me as we passed the house...what good girls!
Hannah reported that her first day was, "Awesome!" She met a new girl named Ginetta, and said her teacher, Ms. Guidici (Jew-da-see), was nice.
Kate said that she liked her class, but that she didn't want to go again. She held up her forefinger and thumb and said she "Cried only this much and only on the inside so no one noticed." Hearing this made me cry on the inside, but I told her she was very brave and that I love knowing how she feels so I can pray for her while we are apart. The second day was hard to motivate her to go, and she asked me to walk her to class which I did and then with a quick kiss I walked away with tears in my eyes and prayers flowing from my heart. She said the second day was fine, but also asked how many more days was she going to be in Kindergarten. I left the answer vague, thinking that 178 days might overwhelm her.
Here she is, first in her class...
Rachel Lee and I had a fun day together, but after our coffee time she cried for Tate-Tate. Then once we picked up Kate from Kindergarten she realized that Hannah was not with us (Kindergarten is half day and the other grades are full day so we have to get Kate at 11:30 and Hannah at 2:30) and she threw a massive tantrum at the school. It was awesome. I love being that mom with that kid anytime I'm in a new place.
Overall the girls are adjusting really well. It is a time filled with hugs and prayers as well as tears and encouragement and I'm not referring to just the girls...Jeff sure has his work cut out with this crew, and I praise God for his patience and sensitivity.
No comments:
Post a Comment