Monday, March 11, 2013

I Got It

Rachel Lee has adapted the phrase, "I got it," for just about anything. "Want help getting dressed?" I ask. "No, I got it," she responds. When I saw her climbing on the back part of the toilet to reach something in the medicine cabnient I said, "Rachel Lee, you need to ask for help!" And she looks at me and said, "No, I got it." She thinks she can do more than she can, and at other times I'm surprised by how much she really can do. Here she is, after getting dressed by herself. She got the clothes out of her draws, took her jammies off, and put on her own clothes. When I asked her if I could turn her shirt around she said, "I got it." Of course you do, sweetie! Her other favorite phrase is, "I a big girl" which sounds more like, "I a bit dirl." She also follows it with, "Ellie baby. She get paci. I a bit girl. I potty in toilet." And to me, that sums her life up perfectly. She's a big girl and does big girl things, but really she's still my baby and would like to get a paci. Rachel Lee is both my baby and my big girl all in one and I love her to pieces!!

1 comment:

Grace said...

Sounds just like our Lucy! Third children move fast to keep up, but they are still our babies!