Saturday, September 22, 2012
Meeting Mrs. Cavalier, and Other Moments (to forget)...
We were able to meet Hannah's kindergarten teacher before the first day of school, and I have to admit that both Hannah and I were super excited. I was excited because as a former kinder teacher I was looking forward to teaching her and having fun with her, and thought for sure the teacher is going to see how smart Hannah is and how capable I am at handling two young ones while teaching. She was excited to have a teacher and make friends. We may have had different reasons, but we were both still excited.
She picked out her favorite Hello Kitty shirt, and I tried to look casual and yet pretty. First impressions are important...
So, when I lined the girls up by Hannah's room to take a picture and Rachel Lee fell in I was slightly embarrassed.
I had interrupted the meeting right before my scheduled time (I wanted to be early, of course) and now I had a crying kid. So, I did what every good mom does when you are trying to save face...kisses, hugs, and then try again...laughing the whole time about how cute 2 year olds are.
The meeting with Hannah's teacher went well. She is a super sweet teacher with lots of energy (which is good...I think she can make up where I am lacking) and she even asked if I wanted to take a picture of her with Hannah (she commented that she noticed us taking a picture earlier...gee, guess we were obvious).
We then walked around the school and I let the girls play a little on the playground to try to meet some other kids that were playing. Hannah then came up to me, said her tummy hurt and that she needed to go to the bathroom. I found one close to the playground just in time for her explode from both ends...it was not pretty. I had to go back to the office and inform them that my daughter had just created quite a mess in the bathroom close to the playground, and although I tried to clean things up, it needed to be cleaned. Seriously embarrassing for both Hannah and I. Poor Hannah really did not want her teacher to know, and I tried to be vague about the details for her sake but it was seriously one of the worst messes I have seen.
We then came home and she spent the rest of the day like this:
Fast forward to the first day of school and my big girl coming out of class as the line leader. Hannah ran to me and as she did she got really quiet. I thought she was tired, but then she told me that she had pooped her pants. WHAT?? Yep...she said she had to go at school and was waiting and when she saw me she got so excited that she just pooped. I hope I don't have that effect on people. We cleaned her up, came home and I prayed for an extra dose of patience and a stronger stomach. Life as a mom...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment