Friday, September 21, 2012

Hannah's First Day of School

This week marks Hannah's fourth week of school and Kate's second week of school and I am just now getting to blog about school starting. Phew...I am ex-haust-ed! Jeff and I still find ourselves questioning whether the charter school is really a good fit, and there have been a few days that by the end of the day I am ready to enroll Hannah in any school. But, things are getting better as we establish new routines and as I figure out how to be a homeschooling mom, not just a mom or a teacher. Here is Hannah getting ready to go meet her teacher for the first time. I took pictures and she was being super giggly...
...and then she pulled out some money that she had stashed in her pocket.
Both she and I were cracking up!
Here she is on the actual first day of school:
She was silly with her sister, Kate, but Rachel Lee was in a super bad mood that Monday, so anytime I tried to set her down she cried. I think she was worried I was going to drop her off at school!
Hannah was super silly waiting for school to beginning, and then when the principal came over the loud speaker and dismissed the classes starting with Mrs. Cavalier, her teacher, she gave a slightly worried look...
...which mad me tear up, but I kept it together and knew that she would be fine and that she needed me to send her off with a hug and kiss. At the end of the day she came out and was so thrilled to be the line leader...that's my girl!! A born leader!
The first day of school down, and looking forward to the next 13 years of learning and fun! (and then off to college for some more...and then graduate school and then...)

No comments: