Kate is so happy to be attending preschool. She has the same teacher that Hannah had last year, Mrs. Wills, and is already feel comfortable and confident, which surprised me since she usually takes a while to warm up to people and new situations. I cannot tell you what a relief is it to hear that she is talking to other kids, talking to her teacher and enjoying her time at school! I love Kate soooo much, and just want other people to know what a treasure she is, which means she has to feel comfortable enough for her true colors to shine through.
We went to meet her teacher just the two of us, since a friend kindly offered to care for the other two girls. It was nice to have the time with just Kate.
The very first day of school we stopped by Target and enjoyed a coffee/milk together. We toasted Kate, celebrating the beginning of her school career...one I hope will be fun and filled with learning and adventure!
Kate asked if I wanted a picture of her sitting in this circle, which of course I jumped at the chance for a picture of my beautiful girl...
...but then her older sister jumped in and gave bunny ears to her yelling, "PHOTO BOMB!" The dynamic of these two is hilarious!
Here she is, running to preschool since now she is 4 and no longer gets the luxury of riding the double stroller (thank you Erin and Luke for passing the stroller back to us!).
She had a great first day, and reported that she made a new friend named Hannah (although I later found out her name is Anna...did I mention that she is getting her hearing checked again...that's a separate blog post through!). I can't wait to see how this tear unfolds for her and see her develop into her own little person. What a blessing she is!


3 comments:
I love how excited she was to get her chance at preschool! That last picture is great. Thanks for capturing the day.
Love that the girls are so trendy they know what photo bombing is, and DO IT!! Hilar!!
And so many good posts lately. Love the post on Hannah's first day of school. So much excitement and emotion. The pic of her scared to go into her class melts my little heart. And the poop story is precious. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!
A beautiful preschooler. Looks like both girls are loving school
Post a Comment