I know, the actual phrase is eat, drink and be merry, as in happy, but in my opinion it should be eat, drink and be married because all these things, when done the right way, are simply fun. It's fun to eat food, as long as it's not a Thanksgiving feast where you gorge yourself. It's fun to drink, as long as it's not too much and...you get the idea. It's fun to be married, as long as it's to the right person. And Jeff Murry is the right person for me. PRAISE GOD!
When my mom met Jeff almost 16 years ago she said, "He's good for you. I really like him." She's right. Even though she didn't know him and I was only 16 (for the record, none of my girls will be able to speak to boys until 21) she could see that he was a good fit for me.
Here we are, 16 years after we started dating, 10 years after our "I do"...6 moves, 2 of which were cross country, a teaching degree and PhD, three job changes for Sarah, 3 job changes for Jeff, 1 brother-in-law and 3 sister-in-laws, 2 nephews and 4 nieces, saying good-bye to 4 grandparents, meeting and saying good bye to many friends just to meet new ones, and embracing three beautiful, magnificent daughters...and I would do it all over again. I would just worry less about all the transitions. I had so much anxiety before we were married, wondering whether we would really love each other 10, 20, 30 years from now. I was anxious when were we moving whether I would make any new friends. I was concerned when we were having Hannah if we were really ready to care for a baby...then there were all the worried nights before Kate and Rachel Lee.
As I look at the last 10 years I regret all the worry and concern and realize now that it really shows how little I trust God to take care of me each step of the way. God brought Jeff into my life. God took us to Boston and back. God blessed us with three little girls, and it is God who will provide and care for us the next 10, 20, 30 years from now. So, I pray that the next 10 years will be filled with a deep trust in God to sustain us, and to bring us together as a family to serve our neighbors, family and friends.
Jeff Murry, you are a blessing in my life every day. Thank you for you love and caring over the last 10 years. Here's to 10x10 more together! I love you, I love you, I love you!! I love you!
3 comments:
So sweet, Sarah. Happy Anniversary to you kids. :)
Such a sweet post...you once again brought tears to my eyes. Fun to see those wedding pictures again, you do look so happy. God really has matched you two so well.
congratulations on ten happy, full and busy years!!!!!!!! we are so blessed to have met y'all 8(really?) years ago.
Post a Comment