Sunday, June 5, 2011
The Box
"Oh no!" Hannah yelled as I carried in an empty card board box into our crowded play room. "Please don't sell my toys and craigslist," and she ran around the room holding onto toys she liked. I had to smile. This girls knows me too well...the box meaning that some toys were going to be cleaned out, and craigslist...she totally called it. I love buying things at garage sales and then selling them on craigslist for the same price (or sometimes more!) than what I purchased it. It makes me feel like I am just borrowing everything...that nothing is really mine. But, that is easy when it comes to someone's toys - not mine. I can't imagine what would happen if Jeff came into our too small and over crowded kitchen with an empty box and began cleaning out things, especially my Pampered Chef items! It's a hard lesson to let things go, but on this Sabbath I am reminded that the things that matter, the love, forgiveness and hope that I have is something that cannot be bought or sold (even on craigslist), no one can take, and nothing can compare to. Praise God for drawing me closer through the simple act of tidying the playroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
love this post and how God speaks to us in the "mundane" things of life.
Hugs to you today, wife and momma. Have a good day!
After reading the beginning of this post (I know, not the deeper part), I could not stop imagining Hannah, Kate and Rachel Lee sitting around thirty years from now laughing about their mama and her box...in the most affectionate way, of course. :) They are lucky to have you, Sarah.
Post a Comment