Friday, June 3, 2011

Tubes



Yesterday Jeff and I had the follow up appointment with the Head and Neck Specialist for Kate's hearing loss. The doctor was hopeful that her hearing loss is temporary due to fluid building up and thinks that tubes will take care of the problem and make it so she can hear normally! Jeff and I have decided to let Kate go through this outpatient surgery, and are praying now that God will protect her during the procedure. My emotional reaction is a little sad since Kate will have surgery, so I cried a little in the appointment, but, I think this is the best news given the circumstances. There is a pretty straight forward remedy, and her hearing loss does not seem permanent PRAISE GOD! We are sceduled to have the surgery June 23, and after a few weeks we can go back to the audiologist to have her hearing retested.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Just saw this post! Kate is such a beautiful girl, we are praying that the surgery will go smoothly (and I do believe it will) and that this will help keep Kate healthier and with better hearing. Love you all!

Heather said...

This is such great news, Sarah! But also such a hard thing for a parent, sending your child into surgery. We'll be praying!!

Shelby said...

Will keep Kate and the doctors in prayer as she gets her tubes. Yet another opportunity to place our child in God's hands, knowing that he cares for them. My best friend's son had hearing loss due to fluid and the tubes fixed it. I pray that it's the same for Kate.