No, this is not an early birthday party for Hannah. This is a party celebrating that Hannah asked Jesus to live in her and to teach her through his Spirit.
She and I were having an ordinary conversation which turned to Goliath, a person she and Kate are fascinated with. She asked if Goliath was in heaven, to which I said that I didn't think so. One question led to another and I found myself explaining that God is miraculous and can live with us and with everyone who asks him to, at the same time. She then asked if God lives with her and I said, "Have you asked him to live with you?" "No, but I would like to." "I told her that asking God to live with us means that we are asking him to help us listen to and obey him, and that he could help us stop sinning." She simply said, "I want to obey God.. I want to stop sinning." So, she and I prayed together, and I do believe that God is working in her heart.
She has since prayed a few times that God would live in her heart, and I told her that God will always be with her. I find her faith refreshing though, remembering that God has asked us to take up our cross and daily follow him. I pray that Hannah's faith will grow and deepen as she continues to grow and change. What a blessing to share this special moment with her!
4 comments:
How very special and precious! Sarah- I am so impressed that you were able to put together such a great and creative celebration too! That big cookie looks delicious:)
erin, you're very sweet! it was worth the celebration!!
precious moments, I'm comforted that these girls have such awesome parents and role models
Congratulations, Hannah! I can't wait to worship God in heaven with you! What a wonderful reason to celebrate!
Post a Comment