The first day started off slow because the majority of the time the teacher was trying to get her to take a deep breath, which she did, and then hold it for 3 seconds. Hannah misunderstood what "hold it" meant" though and would blow her breath out and try to grab her exhaled air as if she were holding it. The second and third days were better, working on the arm motion and keeping her head in the water for 3 seconds. The fourth day she worked on "big slow arms" to keep her swimming. As well as jumping in the water.
Today the teacher began letting go of Hannah so she could swim for 3 seconds on her own. The teacher also began teaching her to roll over to take a breath and then roll back and swim for 3 seconds again.
5 comments:
What a swimmer!! I'm very impressed.
Our kids only get fruit snacks when we travel. I like them to be a special treat, too. :)
Love the swimming videos...she really is going to be a great swimmer like her dad!
I AM SO IMPRESSED!!!!! Stephen really wants Sol to swim like that. We'll probably put him in his first lessons this fall. He loved watching the videos with me.
Wow! She's doing great! We just joined the YMCA yesterday, and Grazi and I are taking both kids twice a week to get them more comfortable in the water.
We are soooo far from where Hannah is! I'm going to try that hold your breath for 3 seconds thing - Frankie as of yet will put the tip of her ear in, and say "look at me, mom! I went under!".
Dex will not relinquish his boa-constrictor grip on my neck while in the pool. It was a big deal that he let Grazi walk him around the pool yesterday for 30 seconds. Um, we have a ways to go.
Oh my gosh - love that she blew her breath out and tried to grab it and hold it. SO CUTE!!
And really? Is it so freezing in So. Cal that the teacher needs a wetsuit in the pool??
Post a Comment