My Dear Sweet Kate, My Tate Baby, My Tatter Tot, My Kate-Cakes, My Grace,
Today you are two. Two years ago you were born and changed our lives for the better. I became your mama, Hannah became a sister, and Daddy (as you call him) cradled you, prayed for you and held you with such pride. You are a blessing that entered our family at an unexpected time, and blessed us all in unexpected ways.
You are such a gentle, caring, sensitive little girl. You often walk around the house with a doll clutched in your hands wrapped delicately in a blanket while shushing and kissing her. When babies cry or someone is hurt your often rush to their side, pat their back and say, "Awww" as if you understand their pain. You quickly share, know how to take turns, and are just beginning to explore the limits of your independence. And BOOKS. You love books. You could listen to books nonstop!
You live up to your name: Pure Grace, reminding me every day that God was gracious when he brought you into our family. And so today we celebrate you. You are uniquely made, and uniquely loved. Thank you for blessing me, your mama with so many special memories, laughs, hugs, kisses, and snuggles. I love you deeply my sweet Kate and cherish these days that I get to spend with you and call you mine.
Love,
Your Mama
4 comments:
Happy Birthday, Kate!!!!!!!! Love, the Perdues.
I love the slideshow! She is just a sweet beautiful girl!
Love her so much!!!!!
Post a Comment