I have been debating about blogging two recent stories because they involve a lot of poop, but I think it's time to debunk the idea that my life is actually easier now that both girls are potty trained, because potty trained or not, my life still involves a lot of poop clean up.
Story 1: Kate During Kate's third week of potty training I began taking her to public places without a pull-up. Our Mommy and Me class was the day after her 15 mth vaccinations, and I was taking her often to the bathroom because she usually has an unpleasant side effect from her shots (hopefully you all are following me). After the class I loaded the girls in the stroller and because the walk to our car when Kate began a scream-cry for no apparent reason. We were passing a bathroom so I thought it may be time for THE bathroom break. I put the toilet seat protector down, picked her up and began to pull her pants down when BOOM...projectile poop everywhere...on me, my pants, her, her pants, the toilet, the floor, her shoes, my shoes...EVERYWHERE!!! Hannah started to freak out in the stroller screaming, "Kate stinky I no wanna sit wif her." Kate crying, Hannah trying to get out and poop everywhere. As a mom, it was one of my finest moments because I did not puke in the midst of it all. Lesson learned: do not leave the house the day after Kate's shots. Ever.
Story 2: Hannah Hannah has taken to shutting the door to the bathroom for "pri-fussy." She usually does her business before nap, so this particular bathroom visit can be long. This one happened to be especially long and Kate was beginning to lay on the ground, practically begging me to let her fall asleep. I opened the door to the bathroom and there is Hannah, naked with the toilet bowl brush trying to "clean her poop" as she later explained to me. There was speckled brush stokes of poop everywhere and poopy toilet water all over the floor!! Suffice to say I lost my temper, put both girls in bed, cleaned the bathroom and took a nap myself. Lesson learned: Don't let a curious toddler shut doors.
So, for my friends embarking on or thinking about potty training, or people who think that potty trained kids are a breeze, keep in mind that there will still be times when you have to clean poop off toilets, floors, kids and other places you would never imagine poop might be.
And for those of you who are about to have a baby and are dreading the poop factor, here are some highlights that will make all the poop in the world worth it:
LOVE that video! American Idol 2025, Hannah Murry. :)
Also, thanks for sharing the poop stories. Nate is, I think I can say this now, potty trained (no accidents in three days) and it seems Abby's creating extra poopy diapers to replace Nate's that I am no longer dealing with. Kids.
I love this post. I love that Hannah didn't want to sit with Kate after the explosion. I love that toddlers get to say what everyone else is thinking and are too polite/mature to say.
And Kristen, Nate is potty trained?! In 3 days? Where have the blog posts been?
LOVE the stories! Ellie and I went to visit Mike at his office yesterday. As soon as we arrived we heard IT. IT sounded pretty bad. So we started to change her only to realize that IT was everywhere! So bad we cut her clothes off with scissors and threw them away :). Oh the joys of poop!
6 comments:
LOVE that video! American Idol 2025, Hannah Murry. :)
Also, thanks for sharing the poop stories. Nate is, I think I can say this now, potty trained (no accidents in three days) and it seems Abby's creating extra poopy diapers to replace Nate's that I am no longer dealing with. Kids.
I love this post. I love that Hannah didn't want to sit with Kate after the explosion. I love that toddlers get to say what everyone else is thinking and are too polite/mature to say.
And Kristen, Nate is potty trained?! In 3 days? Where have the blog posts been?
Sarah you are so funny...this post is just one more reason why I am in no rush to potty train Aiden...Happy New Year!
Ah, Sarah poop posts. Think they ever found the gift you left at the library? :)
This one made us laugh pretty hard. I'll potty train Brian when he's 8.
LOVE the stories! Ellie and I went to visit Mike at his office yesterday. As soon as we arrived we heard IT. IT sounded pretty bad. So we started to change her only to realize that IT was everywhere! So bad we cut her clothes off with scissors and threw them away :). Oh the joys of poop!
wow. so so true. being a mom is more than i ever thought it would be...both good and bad!! love the stories. i needed a good laugh today. : )
Post a Comment