1. She is the biggest snuggle bug in the WORLD!!! Kate is totally happy sitting on my lap for a hour, playing, reading...whatever she can. She loves to be held, hugged, kissed, and rocked. She will snuggle all day long if I let her, and on good days I do.
2. She prefers everyone (Jeff, Hannah and me) to be together all the time. If Hannah or I leave the room she follows and says, "Ka mama (Nah-nah)!" And when Jeff leaves she cries.
4. She has a circle of trust and will only let certain people hold her. If a person picks her up and they are not in her circle of trust have mercy!!
5. She does not like church nursery. When Hannah heard that it was church day on Sunday she said very sympathetically, "Oh dear! My sista no wike church. She gonna cwy and cwy and cwy. What we gonna do?" Exactly Hannah. What we gonna do?
6. She loves her crocs and will not tolerate any other shoe. When I put other shoes on her feet she sits and says, "No, no, no" over and over pulling at her shoes until I take them off. If I take her out in other shoes she will just sit and sit. Is it a battle to fight? Not any more.
7. She can put her laundry away.
8. She has an intense sweet tooth. After eating a meal she will say "All da. Twt peez." (All done. Treat please.) And she knows the difference between treat and fruit, so don't try to pull a fast one on her!
9. She can play independently for about 20 minutes, which amazes me!!
10. She loves her doll, purse, sun glasses and sweater and wants to take all of those items, regardless of weather or where we are headed, every time we leave the house.
12. She cries a lot. She will barely hit her hand, trip or bump her head and she turns red in the face, takes a huge deep breath in (as if winding up) and then lets loose.
13. She can gain control when I say, "1, 2, 3 all done crying." It's like a switch that goes on, and then goes off. Again, like her mama: all or nothing.
14. She has the greatest curls. I hope she keeps these curl because they are beautiful.
15. She has the most infectious belly laugh ever, and will laugh at the slightest "BOO" or tickle. When I had the flu only one thing got me out of bed: Kate was cracking up in the bath tub and I had to see what was making her laugh so hard. Her laugh would get the sickest person out of bed. It's just that good.
16. She loves self-care: hair combing, teeth brushing (of which she now has 10), teeth flossing, lotion, nail clipping, baths . . . this girl loves being pampered.
*I accidently posted last month that Kate was 17 months, but she was really 16 months. This is also a day late
2 comments:
I think some of it is genetic- I love snuggling, I have a sweet tooth, I prefer my inner circle of people, I love personal grooming, I am very habitual about things I take with me, the list just goes on. It is so fun watching her personality develop. Can't wait to see you guys again!
good thing she has great genes!
Post a Comment