Saturday, August 8, 2015

One day we will laugh...

Hannah and I were baking cookies together for our Bible study and lately I've taken a hands off approach letting her do the measuring and mixing. It turned out that this day I should have seen the warning signs...she spilt vanilla, got egg shell in the batter and when it was time to mix in the flour mixture she cranked the mixer all the way to 10 causing flour to puff out ALL. OVER! Literally all over...


I sighed, she apologized and I said, "one day we will laugh about this..." And she replied, "Why not today?" Her innocent question made me pause, why not?!? She was covered in flour, it was all over the content, stove, cabinets, floor...EVERYWHERE! So why not laugh...and we did. We laughed and cleaned and I remembered that it's not about he product but he process...and thankfully with her gentle spirit I enjoyed the process of teaching her to cook and she enjoyed the process of teaching me to enjoy life together in beautiful chaos. 

No comments: