Friday, July 19, 2013

Our Next Adventure...San Francisco

I previously wrote about our waiting place, we were waiting to hear about a job offer for Jeff, and he has both received and accepted the position. So, we are bound for San Francisco...the last metropolitan area in California that we have yet to live. We both know that this is where God is leading our family, and we not know that it will be painful to leave both sets of our parents, the Pine family (Jenna's family), friends and our church community. There are still times that I feel the pain of leaving Boston, the friends and church family there really were family to us. We went from being naive newlyweds to being a naive young family there. We shared really hard and really good times with our Boston friends. And now, facing good-byes again seems difficult. I'm not sure our hearts ever heal from saying good-bye, but I know it makes me long for a time in heaven when I know we will not say good-bye, and where we will have the comfort of being with God. But that time is not now, so please pray for us as we say good-bye to dearly loved family and friends and beginning settling into a new adventure in San Francisco.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh Sarah, how exciting! What will Jeff be doing? Will this be a place of settling for a while? I've not been keeping up, but checked in today and saw your news! Will be thinking of you guys as we too pack up boxes. Love,
Heather

Murry said...

Thanks, Heather! Jeff will continue medical research, specifically on HIV. We will be there at least 2 years, but this seems like it could be a career position where we plant ourselves for a while. Who knows what God has in plan though! Blessings to you as you move!!