Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Calm in the Storm

We are getting busy around here. Sorting through things, getting ready for a house hunting trip and VBS, packing for a trip to Cornardo and 2 months in temporary housing, all while hanging out with friends "one last time." It's been busy, emotional and tiring, but through it all we have moments of reprieve where we just laugh with one another, or watch the stars come out while Jeff ready Narnia by flashlight. During worship this week I was comforted by a song that reminded me that "the great unchangeable I am" will be with me wherever we go. I cherish these moments of calm, the times when I take a deep breath and know that I am so thankful for God's presence in my life. Rachel Lee woke up the other day grumpy. It's probably our fault as parents because we have been out late a lot lately, and she was worn out. She has thrown a tantrum and calmed down, so I went to find her. She was not in her room, where she went to throw her tantrum, but instead she was in my room lying on my bed and she was staring out the window. At first I thought she fell asleep but as I peaked around at her I noticed she was still awake. I asked her what she was doing and she said, "I just lying here breathing." Sometimes that's all I can do, lie down in the presence of God and just breath, enjoy His calm and soaking in His peace. Praise God for moments of calm in the storm of life.

1 comment:

Audrey Gustafson said...

Melt my heart! Cannot wait to give that girl a squeeze!