Monday, July 16, 2012
Biking with TWO Wheels
I love running at the lake with the girls. I push the double and one kid (Hannah or Kate) alternate riding a little 12 inch bike next to me. I have been encouraging the girls to ride the 16 inch one since it would allow me to run faster, but Kate really isn't ready for the larger one.
The other day while running we were passed by a little girl (probably two or early three years old) and Hannah said, "I want to bike like her!"
Well, that's all I needed and I was taking her training wheels and pedals off and letting her kick around on the bike to gain her balance. Once she was zooming all over the park and gliding with her feet up I put the pedals back on and she was off biking! She never fell, and I never ran behind her holding her up.
The only down side is now she bikes about 5 or 6 miles per hour, and I can no longer keep up with her while running. It's a lot like giving a mouse a cookie...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, so proud of Hannah Lil!! What a big girl! Tell her I'm very impressed!!
Thanks for all the new posts. All the girls are super cute!! Cannot wait to see you guys!
We are also so proud of Hannah. She is already riding so smoothly and with such confidence!
Post a Comment