Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Dudley and Simon
We got BUNNIES!!
The girls have been asking and begging for a pet for a while. I have been pretty firm in saying that when Rachel Lee is potty trained then we can get a pet, but they have been asking, and asking, and asking so finally I decided an outdoor bunny would be okay. We found these two bunny brothers on (none other than) Craigslist. They are three years old, come little box trained, came with the hutch, water container, bowls of food, three bags of food and litter for their litter box for $40...how could you beat it? So, Jeff took the two older girls to pick them up while I stayed with Rachel Lee since we were not sure if the hutch would fit in the car.
Here they are returning with Dudley (the black and white one) and Simon (the brown one).
By the time they returned home Rachel Lee was sleeping, but when I got up the next morning Hannah was already outside sitting at the cage at 6:11. I took Rachel Lee out, but quickly had to bring her back inside because her screams and squeals were so loud I was worried that she would wake the neighbors, and it was not even 6:30.
We have tried a few harnesses on the bunnies, but they seem to be the kind of bunnies that prefer to roam (they were indoor bunnies prior to moving in with us) so we are thinking about getting a pet pen for them to roam in while still protecting them and our garden.
Here's to a whole new chapter in our family: pet care!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, so adventurous! The girls look very happy!
Post a Comment