Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Some Quotables

When I see my girls doing the potty dance and yet not going to the bathroom I often tell them to listen to their bodies. I also use that phrase when they have goose bumps outside...it's a way I am trying to not tell them what to do, but to think about what they should do to keep a healthy body...makes sense, right?

So, after seeing Kate dance around like she was going to pee her pants at any moment I said,

S: Kate, what is your body telling you?
K: My body does not talk. Only I talk.
Touche...
S: Well, your body is trying to tell you something.
K: No, only I talk. My body doesn't talk.
S: Your body is telling you to go potty.
K: My. body. does. not. talk!
And now we're on time out for disrespectful speaking.

We live in a community that has a lot of Filipino people. Hannah's preschool is very diverse, and two kids out of her 10 student class do not speak English.

H: Mom, what language will Rachel Lee speak?
S: English, like us?
H: Well, I think she will speak Filipino and then I will help her learn English like I do with the kids at school.
S: No, she will speak English like us.
H: We'll have to see whose right... (said in a sing songy way)
S: Well I know that I am right.
H: We'll have to see.

And now I get why moms often say "Because I said so."

1 comment:

Heather said...

"We'll see who's right." Ha! I love children and their sure-ness, even if they're completely wrong. What a great quote.

Loving all of the updates!!!