Sunday, September 4, 2011

Funny Tidbits

While driving home from the grocery store, Hannah and I had a conversation that went like this:
H: It's tough being a mom.
S: Yes it is, but it's also a lot of fun. I get to spend time with you, and doing boring things like going to the store is always more fun with someone you love.
H: I'm going to cut you in half!
S: Wow, that didn't go the way I thought it would.
long pause in the car...
H: Don't worry mom, I'll love both of you.
S: What?
H: When I cut you in half. That way you will have two to do all the work.
I think Hannah understands the idea of divided attention a little too well.

While driving home at 9pm after the Nighttime Zoo shows:
H: Kate, are you awake?
silence
H: Kate, are. you. awake?
silence
H: (Louder) Kate, are you awake?!
still silence...I actually turned around to see if she was sleeping
H: TA-TERS! ARE. YOU. AWAKE?!?
K: NO! I'm a jag-i-wyer.
Our totally random Taters had us all laughing.

And just so Rachel Lee gets some representation, she is now crawling around the house saying, "Ba, ba, ba, ba." Her little noises are such a delight!

2 comments:

Grace said...

I love your retelling of the "cut you in half"! We certainly don't get the responses we expect from our children. Gotta love the ones that make us laugh. Wish we could laugh together at the park tomorrow!!!

Erin said...

So funny! Love those stories