"Hannah, how was your first day of preschool," Jeff asked over the phone after I had picked her up. "It was A-MAZ-ING!" she replied as she twirled around and beamed with excitement. That's how she was all day, beaming. To prepare Hannah for school I made a short list of things to do with picture icons. She could check things off her list to get herself ready for school without me prompting her. She got up at 6:15 and by 6:45 she was ready for school. The only problem is that school didn't start until 8:30. Oh my, here we go!
Kissing daddy bye for the day.
All dressed and geared up.
Back pack...check. Lunch box...check. Water bottle...check. Tissues...check!
A Starbucks trip to celebrate the first day of preschool, and to kill some time since we were all dressed and ready to go. I only had a tall coffee though since I was headed to the lake with Kate and Rachel Lee for a run.
Cheers!
Drop off by the door of Room 3.
Peeking in the window at my Hannah girl...yes, I am THAT mom!
And there were tears shed as we drove away...mostly from Kate, but I cried too (silently so Kate wouldn't get too worked up) trying to be strong and looking forward to time with my Kate since Rachel Lee is usually napping most of the morning.
I loved see Kate as the bigger sister, and helping to take care of her little sister.
When we picked Hannah up Kate jumped out of the car, ran to Hannah's room and hugged Hannah. She repeatedly said, "I missed you so much Hannah. I'm so happy to see you." And I am too. I am happy to see Hannah so excited about school, happy to spend time with Kate and Rachel Lee, happy to see my girls so loving towards each other, but most of all I am happy to be together at the end of the day. Such a blessed life!
2 comments:
I am not surprised that Hannah is loving school. It is so precious how much Kate loves her big sis, and I imagine Rachel Lee will one day be shedding tears when Kate has to head off for preschool
Oh my heart is just overflowing with preciousness!! So YOU, that you would make her a sticker chart for getting herself ready for school. Love it! And love that she loved school. And loved how sweet miss Kate was in crying at the departure, being a great big sister during the day, and then smothering Hannah in hugs at her arrival home. I just LOVE my nieces SO much!! UGH! SO MUCH!!
Post a Comment