I think that blogging for me is both therapeutic and also a treasure of my days with all my kids. Since my last post we have gone through a wonderful summer with the most memorable 5 week paternity leave for Jeff. We went to Lassen National Park, camping with my extended family at Shaver Lake, a week long trip to San Diego with Jeff's family, and we even squeezed in times at Six Flags or the water park, Hurrican Harbor. All in all, it would have been a great time to blog. But I was busy living the fun filled days of summer with the family.
Yesterday Rachel Lee came home with a homework assignment to make a timeline of her life. We pulled out my blog books and read through some posts. I realized what a treasure it was to hear some of the sweet conversations with the kids, to hear about milestones of walking and talking and climbing...all the things that I did not post about with my last two kids out of sheer business. So there is no better time to start anew than today; the day after pouring over the memories..some good, some bad and some just boring...to begin blogging about the ebbs abbs and flows of our days together. So many times I am told that I will miss these days, the days when my kids are young and they enjoy being home. The days where we can sit around and play family games together or cheer each other on in sports and activities. These are sweet days, but they are also mixed with sibling arguments, talking back and tantrums...all things that I can do without. But even in those times, those are the moments that remind me how much I love my kids and truly want them to love each other and treasure the times together just as I treasure them. I hope this is a recollection of the times we've shared together and becomes a treasured memory of love for our family. So here's to beginnings beginning again!
No comments:
Post a Comment