Thursday, February 6, 2014
Party #3 for my 3 Year Old
My Dearest Rachel Lee,
I can hardly believe you are three. Three seems to be the beginning of a new phase of your life as a preschool who is capable of so many things. You enjoy dressing yourself, getting your own snacks and drinks, playing games, writing R or L, beading, playdough, barbie, and anything your sisters are doing. You do not like when your sisters are at school and often ask, "Is it time to get the girls?" during the school day. They are your favorite playmates. In fact, your love for Hannah and Kate is amazing. I often walk into your room in the morning and find you snuggled in bed with one, or sometimes both, of them. Although you admire them, you also have your own ideas and your own way of doing things. People are quick to point out that you have a mind of your own, and for that I am very happy. You know how to ask for things your want, assert yourself, as well as follow and cooperate with others: you are simply amazing.
You love eating a variety of good foods, but you have earned the nickname "One bite" from your daddy because you want everything but then only take one bite of everything, making all the food on your plate officially yours. You love to take one bite and say, "I'm gonna save this for later" then your confidently walk over the fridge place the food somewhere and walk away. I often find a half eaten crackers, apples, bar-bars, or bananas randomly in the fridge and know that you are saving it for later.
People often mistake you for being older than you are because of how well you communicate. You no longer say things like, "Help Ma! This is inside outside" or answer me when I call by saying, "Him I am"...no these days you say, Help Mom! This is inside out," or "Here I am!" On one hand I am so glad you are so quickly learning the correct ways of speaking, but at the same time it makes me realize how quickly time is passing with you, and how much older you are.
And speaking of how old you are, when you are asked how old you are you reply with some goofy answer like, "5" or "1." We are participating in a study abut vitamin D through Kaiser, and you were interviewed about your age to which you said, "5" and when asked are you a boy or girl you said, "Boy" and when asked your name you said, "Mommy." I'm pretty sure any results from us are going to throw the study! But we laughed together as I tried to get you to say the correct response, but you just giggled and persistently answered incorrectly. You are such a joker, and bring so much laughter to our family. In fact, just this morning you offered Hannah a strawberry from your cereal. She said she wanted it and then you proceeded to dump the entire spoonful of rice crispies and strawberry into her bowl of cherrios. It made us all laugh so you then pretended to dump into Kate's bowl...such a funny kid!
You see my dear Rachel Lee, you are your own person who is deeply loved by our family and who deeply loves her family. I am so lucky to be home with you and have some quality time playing, running, laughing and reading with and to you. I treasure this time and know that all too soon you will be heading off to school, and off to great places. Thank you for being my big girl baby. I love you to the moon and back, over and over and over.





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment