Rachel Lee is 6 weeks old, and perfect (yes, perfect!) in every way. How is she perfect you are asking yourself? Well, she eats well during the day, naps twice during the day (a morning and afternoon nap) and she wakes two times at night (once around midnight and once between 4-5) will eat and instantly goes back to sleep. AND she has done this all on her own! I have not tried to schedule her or put her on a routine, she just has naturally fallen into this pattern. She is a dream baby!
AND since she is eating well, she is gaining weight well. She is now 8 pounds 6 ounces, gaining 22 ounces in the last 24 days (and for those who don't know, doctors recommend that babies gain half an ounce to an ounce a day). She is still only in the 10th percentile (remember my nephew Nate born at 8 pounds 1 ounce? or my niece who was 4 weeks early weighing 7 ponds 4 ounces?) but that's because she started off smallish (I added the ish because she is really my biggest baby so it's hard to call her small).
AND, just look at her. She is gorgeous! I look at her all the time and think she is just beautiful! Even when she is crying her lips pucker out and she just seems so. darn. cute!
AND did I mention that she smile at us now? When we talk to her she smiles and coos. It melts my heart every time.
AND she loves her sisters. She will be crying and as soon as Hannah takes her hand she will at least stop for a second and look at her. Kate also loves holding her, and the entire time Rachel Lee just looks around soaking in all the love.
So, what more can you ask for in a newborn: she eats well, she sleeps well, she loves her family. I told you she was perfect. Absolutely perfect.
5 comments:
the last pic is gorgeous! Just gorgeous!!
love the last pic!
She's so sweet and that video, oh I love those baby noises and expressions!!!!
makes me want another..... ;)
um, cute outfits on Rachel!! :)
Thankful she is such a sweet little girl! Just precious...
I'm so thankful for sweet Rachel Lee! I can't wait to meet her. I read this post a few days ago, but with the kids, so couldn't comment - we love your blog, and check it regularly, Sarah. Keep the videos coming - my guys LOVE getting too "see" you guys.
Post a Comment