Friday, October 22, 2010

Slowing Down

My last post was about going to the Pumpkin Patch with the girls. We had a blast, but later that day I started having contractions, and had about 3-4 an hour for a few hours. Although I called the doctor they did not seem worried, and told me to call back if I had 5-7 contractions in an hour, and also recommended that I slow down. I want a full term baby, and so I am slowing down.

My mom has been a great help. She came Monday and just left yesterday. She helped with the girls, meals preparation, cleaning, and laundry and made sure that every day I got a nap. What an amazing Mom I have!! And how generous my Dad is to share her with me and the girls for a few days!! She brought with her a small pumpkin that we cooked, mashed and then used to make pumpkin pie and pumpkin pancakes. Such tasty treats on some wet days - YUM!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Thankful your contractions stopped and that you have your mom close to help out! We'll be praying for a full term little girl as well. I know how much help parents can be.

Grace said...

I have about decided to put a sign in my kitchen that says "Sit!" Hope you are still resting and praising the Lord for a special family. We are praying for that littlest.