Thursday, February 25, 2010

Moving 1, 2, 3

Phew!! The move is over, we have 5 boxes left and a few projects we want to get to, but we're done!! It's our hope that we will be in this house until, Lord willing, Jeff gets a faculty position, and thinking about not moving again for 3-4 years is music to my ears! So here are the 1-2-3 bonus features to this house.
The girls showing their muscles...ready to carry boxes into the empty moving truck and move!
Do you have to see over the dashboard to drive?
Hannah and my dad in the new house putting up a veggie tales light cover.


1 car garage.

I no longer have to wind around the maze of apartment buildings trying to keep two curious kiddos focused on a destination that neither was in a hurry to get to. Ahhh...fewer battles and more peace. Totally worth moving for.

2 rooms to live in.

The living room for hanging out and entertaining (which is empty until Saturday when we will get a couch and loveseat for it) and a playroom/TV room. Some nights I don't pick up the playroom. Awe-some!

3 fruit trees.

Apricot, Asian Pears and Plums. Plus, we have rose bushes and lots of grass and a covered patio area. The girls love playing outside, and I love the privacy!!

We are so blessed to have been given a house to live in, and are so excited for the huge relief it is to have some more square feet and some added privacy.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Hurray! I love this 1-2-3 post. :) A living room and a family/playroom. You're living the dream, man! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy God's blessing of a new home.

The Sherrill Family said...

The house sounds awesome! Yeah. What a huge blessing.

Erin said...

So thankful you're all moved in...I imagine the space and privacy of that house will be a blessing for much time to come!

The Lacy Family said...

you must be a pro at moving by now...I will call you for advice when it's my turn!

Jenny said...

Congratulations! What a relief to be home.