Wednesday, December 16, 2009

THE Ongoing Questions Answered

"When are you going to have your third?"

"You have two girls. Are you going to try for a boy?"

"Your girls are so close in age you don't want to wait too long to have another."
My friend Kristen wrote a random post (which I loved by the way) and in it she briefly talked about her family planning. I know people are wondering about our family plans because we are asked a lot when we are having a third, or if we are done having kids. So, to answer the ongoing questions honestly (as if I would lie to you!), we aren't sure.

We love our girls so much, and are enjoying our days and nights with them, and feel extremely blessed to have such energetic, funny, focused, pensive, lively and loving little girls. We may want more kids, but for right now we are content and happy. And how blessed we are to be able to say that we are content because I remember when my heart yearned for a family, and to quote a quote on my other friend's, Heather's, blog:

The providence of God is like Hebrew words - it can be read only backwards.
-John Flavel
Puritan writer

Looking backwards I see how Hannah and Kate have challenged me and encouraged me. God had me wait for my family, and God provided the perfect gifts for me. Looking backwards I see God at work, and it encourages me to look forward towards the things God still has in store for me.

On a lighter note, check out these pants Hannah is wearing...we received a new installment of hand-me-downs and she loves these pants. You may be seeing them often!!

4 comments:

The Lacy Family said...

I completely understand and get that same question (when are you having another baby???) all the time. You of all people remember my "trying to conceive" phase of life and I have learned more than anything that it is not up to me and it will happen when/how it is meant to...keep enjoying your girls!

Heather said...

I love that cup picture. So cute!

Unknown said...

i hate that people ask those questions. it's one thing for a good friend to ask and it's another thing for someone you barely know to ask such a personal question!! i have always hated that.

that said. you have such a beautiful family. if you had another i'm sure it would be great. if you never had another it would be great, too. we're just happy to know you and wish you lived closer to us!!!

Jen said...

I also hate that question, especially when people have no concept of the circumstances of one's personal situation. That said, I love your quote and echo your sentiments about looking back and seeing God working in my life while I longed for children, and I am so grateful that God gave me my child(ren) when and how he did. I can't wait until my second sweet girl arrives. :-)