Friday, December 18, 2009

17 Months

Kate is 17 months old today, on December 17. This afternoon she nap for an hour, which is a very short nap for Kate, but she snuggled for almost another hour after getting up, and I treasured every second, every rock, every song we spent in the chair snuggling. This girl is a great snuggler!!
At 17 months Kate has amazed me. She is brillant and funny, loves other kids as well as adults (as long as they don't pick her up), can play by herself and likes attention from others. She seems to be such a balanced child and loves life. She enjoys her mama, sister and daddy, but really shows a preference to her mama. :)
Poor Kate is clumsy. And she has a loud screechy cry that makes most kids cover their ears. The other day Kate had fallen a lot in the morning, making it a rough morning for all Murry girls. As I buckled her into her carseat, she clucthed her doll-doll with two big tear drops under her eyes (reminiscent of Frankie's perpetual tear) I kissed her and said, "I'm sorry you hurt yourself Taters. I love you." To which she sweetly replied, "No" and turned her head. I smiled and said, "You are totally my toddler Taters!"

Although Kate has the loudest attention seeking cry ever, she also has the most infectious laugh and will often chuckle and giggle at the slightest things. She is incredibly ticklish and I love to get her going by squeezing her chubby thighs and kissing her teeny tiny toes. I seriously love this girl!!

I cannot say it enough: I love Kate. She is such a gift to our family and I am blessed beyond blessed to have such a delightful baby girl, my toddler, my child. I love Kate's personality through and through, yesterday, today and tomorrow too.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh, perpetual tear Frankie! I remember those days, and that nickname. It was well deserved. Sorry you had such a rough day, Taters!