We enjoyed our first family vacation seeing friends, celebrating Jeff's graduation, going to our old church, taking the T to some of our favorite places...it all made for a great time. I think I still have a lot to learn about traveling with two kids, but both Hannah and Kate were troopers on the plane rides and as I schlepped them around Boston.
Our morning church CTK Cambridge had a BBQ following the service. It was so nice to see friends and chat with people. Hannah ran around just like she had never left!
Our evening church, CTK Dorchester has grown, and yet still has the same great community and teaching that makes the church unique.
I saw a ton of friends during the week and had a great time chatting, playing, laughing and catching up. It really felt like old times.
Wednesday, the day before graduation, Jeff and I took the kids to Harvard Square to get the tickets to his ceremonies and pick up his cap and gown. Being there with all the set up and preparation made me very excited to see him graduate - and to think, we almost didn't go to the ceremonies!!
Harvard Library - the flags are not usually there.
Graduation day was Thursday, the last day that we were there. That meant that the kids (and I) were already tired and now I was taking them to an adult-like activity where they would need to sit, listen and wait. With the help of Cindy and Roger the girls (and I) held it together. There were three ceremonies. The first one was on the Harvard yard and Jeff only had two tickets so Cindy and Roger attended it. These pics are from one of Jeff's friends, and I am so grateful to have them!!
We met Jeff after the ceremony for the second diploma receiving ceremony where Jeff carried Hannah and Kate across the stage and as he received his diploma they received a baby diploma.
The third and final ceremony was the hooding ceremony. I was only allowed to sit in the child section and not permitted to get close enough to get a picture of Jeff being hooded, so I took a picture of the screen.
It was a very full vacation, celebrating a very big accomplishment. I am very proud of Jeff for his hard work and perseverance these past few years. Way to go Jeff! I love you very much!
7 comments:
I've missed your posts! I am so sorry that we didn't get a chance to see eachother but it sounds like you had a full plate! Congratulations Jeff...I know you have worked hard to get to this point in your life!
i loved seeing all your pictures! I envy your trip to boston...glad you had fun and congrats to jeff!
Wow, been waiting for the big Boston post. :)
Love all those photos, the memories you got to make, and seeing those cute girls!
Thanks for all the pics- we've missed your posts!
SO glad the blogging Queen is back at it. I was really feeling the itch! We are so proud of Jeff for accomplishing his goal! Hooray!! Looking forward to seeing you guys soon!
I love all these pictures! I'm glad y'all had such a great trip. It was so wonderful to see y'all. Congrats to Jeff again. I'm so glad you came back to walk too. :o)
I love your pics of the week! Congratulations, Jeff! We miss you, and were so happy to have had the honor of hosting you for the week. Come back soon!
Post a Comment